Junior Technical Project Manager
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a technically oriented junior project manager to join our project management office. FlightAware processes over 180 million incoming messages an hour from over 22,000 individual data feeds—over 150 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry. And over 15 million people a month rely on our website and apps to make intelligent decisions about travel.
The ideal individual will have experience working as a project manager in an Agile environment and be expected to do such things as:
- Plan, lead, and drive to completion a variety of projects in an Agile environment.
- Document requirements and write user stories.
- Build and maintain accuracy of project information as it relates to scope, schedule and dependencies in project plans.
- Facilitate meetings such as discoveries, stand-ups, retrospectives.
- Identify and remove blockers while managing cross-team work.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Identify and communicate significant project events.
- Manage and handle communication with third-party vendors.
- Communicate status updates to Director of PMO and executives, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain and promote the PMO processes throughout the organization.
- You have experience working as a project manager on software development projects, not infrastructure.
- You have three to five years Agile project management experience.
- you have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- You have strong verbal and written communication practices. You have a demonstrated ability to represent your team and the work to audiences with differing levels of technical fluency. You present effectively in a group setting.
- You think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment. You work effectively with minimal supervision.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence. You possess a willingness to empower and inspire commitment and a positive attitude in a team.
- You love to dig deep and thoroughly understand problems and solutions.
- Ideally, you have:
- Certified Scrum Master or pursuing certification.
- Experience with Kanban.
- Experience working in a PMO.
- At least three years working in a technical role (software development, systems engineering, QA).
Professionally, you’re driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear. You’re naturally curious, exploring new technologies and methodologies to stay current, but balancing the use of new and old to ensure that execution is a priority.
Being a pilot, or an individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a big plus.
Position is based in Houston, Texas in the Greenway Plaza area.
- Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Junior Technical Project Manager - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.