IT Operations Support Technician
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for an energetic, passionate, and talented IT
Operations Support Technician to join our Operations team. This
individual will help support the daily operations at FlightAware by
solving technical issues with desktops, telephones, and other office
This person will need to be able to assist fellow employees courteously
and efficiently to ensure they have a functioning and usable office IT
environment. This person will also participate in a rotating front-line
service desk role during business hours, helping triage and resolve
issues. Further, this person will manage the various display kiosks
around the office, conference room projectors, printer/fax machines,
and VoIP telephones and PBX.
FlightAware has offices in both Houston and New York. This position
will provide support to both offices. As such, it may be necessary to
travel on occasion when remote support will not suffice.
- Be experienced in supporting and managing macOS and iOS platforms
- Have a basic understanding of Linux or other Unix platforms
- Have a basic understanding of printers/fax and VoIP telephone systems
(Asterisk, FreePBX, soft phones)
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional, detail oriented, and process driven
- Able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal
and written, to a wide range of people
- Be willing to travel a few times a year
- Be able to troubleshoot and manage Microsoft Windows
- Ideally, you should:
- Be an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician or have equivalent experience
- Have experience managing and maintaining Linux or Windows-based servers
- Have an understanding of basic networking concepts
- Have experience generating and maintaining both internal and user-facing documentation
- Have familiarity with PostgreSQL specifically, or RDBMS and SQL in general
- Be an aviation enthusiast
- Have experience with virtual platforms such as VMware ESXi
Promotion opportunities to Senior IT Operations Support Technician, Systems Engineer.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: IT Operations Support Technician - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.