Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative graphic designer to join our team in Houston, Texas. This individual will be responsible for creating and implementing design solutions that meet sales, branding, and product and marketing strategies from concept to completion.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and a portfolio that demonstrates an ability to straddle design across channels – including print, digital and presentations. The ability to translate technical concepts to engaging visuals is a must.
FlightAware is a digital aviation company, providing the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry. Over 15 million people a month rely on our website and apps to make intelligent decisions about travel.
- Design on-brand presentations, brochures, and infographics.
- Create visual assets to demonstrate product value and tell FlightAware’s story.
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to align copy and visual assets in a way that maximizes engagement with audiences.
- Collaborate with UX designers to ensure consistent branding across customer facing channels.
- Ability to uphold and follow style guidelines.
- Organize and maintain marketing creative assets, including logos, image library, working files and more.
- Develop highly engaging digital ads and email templates.
- Design print-ready promotional materials for trade shows such as banners, stands and swag.
- Coordinate print production with print purchasing resources.
- Ensure organization is always utilizing the latest and greatest design assets in presentations.
- 3+ years of recent and relevant professional work experience in graphic design, in addition to academic achievements.
- Degree in Graphic Design or related major from established institute or relevant experience.
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating polished, on-brand visual solutions as well as illustrative elements for technical concepts.
- Mastery of typography, color and layout.
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
- A demonstrated ability to represent complex topics visually to audiences with differing levels of technical fluency.
- Strong verbal and written communication practices.
Salary varies based on experience and background.
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
We have fascinating engineering problems and have released a bunch of open source projects. We’re a fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant. This profile of us by 37signals is a good overview of who we are.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Graphic Designer - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.